Hello good people! This is an entry where I recommend to you my favorite artists, webcomics, and blogs. So stay tuned, it won't disappoint!
1. Burdge-bug (tumblr [link]: This lovely lady's art is what inspired me to get a DeviantArt account. Many of you are familiar with her Harry Potter, Hunger Games, and Percy Jackson fan art. However, her original art is AMAZING! She is an inspiration to many budding artists and loves her fans!
2. Eokani (tumblr [link]: This girl has the best OC's ever... her art made them totally come alive in my mind! Check them out! What I love the most is how she draws influence from her cultural heritage and incorporates it into her art. Beautiful!
1. The Meek ([link]: My favorite webcomic, by Der-shing Helmer, also known as alexds1 on deviantart She is an amazing artist and weaves her wittiness into her comic, which is an epic adventure surrounding three connected stories: a girl with green hair who is mysteriously connected with nature, a powerful but vulnerable emperor, and a woman disguised as a cowboy set on killing her ex. Enjoy.
2. Everblue ([link] by blue-ten on deviantart If you're a sucker for open seas, blue skies, flying ships, and adventure, DEFINITELY take a look at Everblue. Not only does it have a great storyline, but the characters strike the heart. I love Blue-Ten's use of color. It really transports you to another world.
3. Harkavagrant ([link]: If you are a lover of history, literature, and dry humor, Kate Beaton's comic is the one for you. If you have a general understanding of European history and classic literature, her simple black and white pen drawings will be hilarious to you. I go here if I want a good laugh.
4. Wormworld Saga ([link]: This is one of the most aesthetically appealing comics about a young boy who stumbles upon a portal to another world in his attic. It is different from most comics because it is one continuous vertical strip, which makes you feel like you are really part of the story.
5. The Dreamer ([link]: Another history-based comic. Modern day high schooler Beatrice Whaley has been having dreams that transport her to 18th century Revolutionary America. But what she realizes is that they are not dreams... these events are actually happening, in the past.
1. The Dainty Squid ([link]: usually I don't read fashion blogs, but this gal is so adorable and thrifty I couldn't handle it.
2. Pascal Campion ([link]: this guy does a new drawing nearly every day, and it is always a wonderful snapshot of life. What I love the most about Campion's art is the colors and lighting and his drawings of him, his wife and three children. It definitely shows that the simplest moments in live are often the most memorable.
NOW IT'S YOUR TURN! Tell me a few of your favorite things!